Friday, May 1, 2009

Product Testing

Once we get rolling, one of the goals of the Live Curly, Live Free forum is to conduct objective product testing, based on a standardized set of criteria according to product category, to provide impartial reports to the curly hair community on how certain products perform on curly hair.

I created Live Curly, Live Free as an independent site for curly hair education--a site not tied to a particular product manufacturer (and, for the record, I have no intention of ever accepting manufacturer advertising directly). I am a beauty industry professional who doesn't manufacture her own line of products, and who doesn't owe her loyalty to a particular brand/company and subsequently must toe the "party line," so I feel LCLF is in a good position to provide objective information to the curly hair community.

LCLF will be a place people can go to find the "real story" on products--without having to wonder if the information is biased due to manufacturer interests. Right now, there is no other site in existence that provides this type of information that I am aware of, and I am very excited about the opportunity to serve the curly hair community in this way.

Of course, all product testing can be somewhat "subjective"--what I may love, you may hate. But, by using standardized criteria and by utilizing a team of product testers, I think we can achieve our goal: by taking a scientific look at hair care products, we can apply the principles of hair science to understand how and why a product may work for a certain type of hair.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments: