- Hair on the head grows about half-inch per month.
- Every day, the 5 million or so hairs on an adult's body add about 40 yards of new growth.
- At any given moment, about 90 percent of the hairs on your head are growing and 10 percent are about to fall out.
- You will lose about 100 hair strands every day.
- The average person could lose tens of thousands of hairs from their scalp without even noticing it.
- The surface area of the hair on a typical woman's head can cover from 40 to 85 square feet.
- Average number of hairs on the head: 100,000. But it depends on your hair color. For red hair, it's 90,000; black, 110,000; blonde, 140,000.
- Hair grows faster in warm weather
- The only place in your body with no hair? The soles of feet, palms of hands and lips.
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Here are some fun facts and trivia about hair, compiled from various sources including the Los Angeles Times and The New York Times. Enjoy!