Monday, January 31, 2011

This 'n That

Hola, my friends with curls!

I hope you all are weathering the winter without too much angst. It has been quite cold in Florida--we set a record in December for the coldest December on record--and it has played havoc with our curls down here. We Florida girls are used to lots of moisture in the air, even in the winter, and the extremely low dew points have led to more than one "WTH???" moment!

Thank you to everyone who has sent Mary Pat and I such positive feedback on the hair analysis service we launched in November, as well as on our new sister site, www.curlwizard.com. We suspected there was a need for these services, but we have been astonished at the responses thus far. I can't tell you how happy we are that we've been able to help so many of you with figuring out your hair properties and the needs of your particular curls.

I am quite excited to announce that Live Curly Live Free the Salon will open its doors on April 5, 2011 in Gulfport, FL (still in the Tampa Bay/St. Petersburg area, right off I-275). Some of my readers are not aware that I actually rent a chair in another salon right now and do not have my own place. But that will change in 64 short days: Live Curly Live Free the Salon will open as a curly hair specialty salon, one of the only salons in the state of Florida to focus exclusively on curly hair care. It's a small place for now and that suits me fine: there will be room for me and one other stylist to start and then, with a little remodeling, a place for three stylists to focus on all things curly. No disrespect to our straight-haired sisters, but it's about time we had our own place to celebrate the beauty of our curly hair, don't you think?

First order of business once I open my doors will be to find another stylist to train in the LCLF methodology and cutting style. I am hoping I will be able to find someone who is as passionate and dedicated to curls as I am! (And let me know if you have any leads!)

Gulfport, incidentally, is a funky little art village located on the Boca Ciega Bay right across from St. Pete Beach. My Tampa/Orlando/Sarasota clientele should be happy since it is right off the interstate and will make for a much easier (and shorter) drive! If you are interested in learning more about Gulfport, our chamber of commerce president, Lori Russo, has put together a wonderful YouTube that shows our beaches, great restaurants, shops and other hidden gems of this great little community:


Time to make 2011 the best curly hair year ever!

Curliciously yours,
Tiffany

No comments: